Sunday, June 21, 2009

Somewhere In The Smokies

Welcome to Somewhere In The Mountains! This is my blog dedicated solely to the vast amount of time I have spent in the Great Smoky Mountains of east Tennessee. While I do intend on someday visiting the Rockies and will definitely blog on the experience, I have come to call the Smokies my second home. My family and I have been going on an annual basis since I was about 7. I am 31 now, so do the math. The Smoky Mountains, comprising of the towns of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, as well as the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, have tons of fun and entertainment to offer the whole family. There is something for everyone. Some people enjoy doing the touristy stuff such as the shows, attractions, Dollywood, and everything else the area has to offer, while others prefer the more outdoors-type adventure, such as horseback riding, white water rafting, tubing, running ATVs, camping, hiking, and so on. The area has the best southern food you'll find anywhere and you will find it rich in arts and crafts. If you go here and get bored, I recommend having someone check your pulse to make sure you are still alive because there is simply so much to do here.

This blog is going to go into all of the things I have experienced over the years as well as things I do in the future. I have years worth of memories, stories, and photos that will become a part of this site. And my wife and I intend on starting a family so we can keep the tradition alive as we go back again and again over the years to come. We've even thrown around the idea of retiring here someday! By reading these posts, you will have a very good idea of what the Smokies have to offer you and the family! If you haven't been yet, I hope this inspires you to visit. And if you have been, I hope it brings back your own memories. Well, that's it for my introduction, but as they say in Tennessee, ya'll come back now, ya hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment