Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Blazing Fury IS a roller coaster, mom!


I just thought I'd share a quick, funny story at Dollywood back when I was a kid. After walking around a bit, the family was going to ride Blazing Fury, the roller coaster in a burning town ride. I was, shall we say, a little apprehensive about riding it because I remembered riding it the year before. Now, I was probably 10 at the time, and even though I didn't mind roller coasters too much, I really didn't feel like riding this one... again. So I told my mom, "This is a roller coaster, I am not sure I want to do this one right now." And she says, "No, its not a roller coaster." I repeat, "Seriously, this is a roller coaster, I remember it specifically from last year. Don't you remember the on-coming train?!" She says, "D-J, would I make you ride something you didn't want to ride? Trust me, its not a roller coaster."

At this point, I didn't know what her deal was. Maybe she was confusing it with the Flooded Mine, which was also a dark, indoor ride (although no roller coaster). I don't know. But at this point, I was resigned and said, "Ok, no problem. Just wait, you'll see... Let's go."

Needless to say, after the ride, she realized she got a few nice surprises, in the way of three drops in the dark. Then I say, "That was fun! Let's go again!" Oddly enough, we didn't ride it a second time that year... Check out the Rides of Dollywood to see more Dollywood rides!

Check out my other Dollywood posts:
Dollywood Introduction
The Rides of Dollywood
Dining At Dollywood
The Shows of Dollywood
The Crafts of Dollywood

4 comments:

  1. We always hit Blazing Fury at least once each trip for nostalgia's sake. I love that old ride!

    And I'm enjoying reading your blog. Please don't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll be posting soon, I promise! I have several more articles planned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh the mention of the ol' flooded mine! How they could redo that ride to Epic Perportions now with the kind of stuff Disney did to redo their Pirates of the Caribbean it would be AWESOME! If only I could get that idea in to their think tank!!

    ReplyDelete